I'm really happy to bring you another review of a cosmetics company and their wonderful mineral makeup review today. Monave Mineral Makeup is the brainchild of Deborah Bilezikian, who had the dream of creating a line of simple, high quality, and high performance products. To read about the journey that Deborah took to create Monave click here.
All Monave products are made using the highest quality mineral makeup ingredients. Their formulas are completely gluten free and 95% of their products are vegan (the other 5%, like their potted and liquid glosses, contain beeswax – the only animal byproduct they use!). You will never see parabens, dyes, or bismuth oxychloride in the ingredient list of any Monave products nor will you need to worry that their products have been tested on animals, because they haven't! To check out the ingredients that make up each product you can click here.
I tried out a few foundation products and love all of them! My absolute favorite, however, is the Loose Mineral Foundation in Kerrie. Kerrie is the perfect color for me and I'm so happy that it works so well. I have fair skin that has a slight yellow undertone. The website says that it's perfect for those who have a "peaches and cream complexion". The coverage this mineral powder provides is really remarkable as it completely evens out the skin tone without making my face look flat. It seems to last all day and stays looking nice. It works well on it's own or over a liquid or cream foundation, which is something I like to do when I want an impeccably flawless finish.
I also tested out the Cream Foundation and Vegan Mousse Foundations in the color Claire. Claire is a light shade that works for those with neutral or pink undertones. I said above that I have a yellow undertone but it's very slight so I can also use shades like this one. The Cream Foundation is a little heavier and thicker than the Vegan Moisture Mousse but both formulas are really great. Both varieties apply easily, blend well, and look nice on the skin while providing coverage. They both sink into my skin as opposed to sitting on top so it doesn't ever look like I'm wearing a mask or too much makeup. I like both a lot but I'd say that I've been reaching for the cream version more often since it feels so silky smooth and since my Mom raided my makeup stash (which she is more than welcome to do as often as she wishes) and fell in love with the mousse.
I decided to choose a very neutral, every day wear kind of eye shadow to test out from Monave and ending up going for Crème Brulee. This shade is completely matte and works wonderfully as a base shade on the lid. It helps cover up redness and allows the eyelid to become a blank canvas, which is the perfect first step in doing any eye look. This is a bit darker than my skin tone so it looks nice on it's own too. The formula is very smooth and easy to blend and work with.
The last product, and the only one I didn't like, is the Mineral Bronzer in the color Gran Marnier. It is totally my fault that I didn't fall in love with this product. There is nothing wrong with the formula, it's just this particular shade doesn't do anything at all for my skin tone. The powder itself is nice and smooth but the color I picked doesn't really show up on my skin. On a brighter note - it's matte, which is a quality I look for in a bronzer.
(Wearing the Cream Foundation in Claire, Loose Mineral Foundation in Kerrie, Gran Marnier Bronzer, and Creme Brulee Eyeshadow)
In addition to mineral makeup, Monave sells a wide variety of other products including facial and body skin care, hair care, kits to create your own products, and they even do wholesale. Deborah believes that "all women deserve high quality, natural makeup, so Monavé has a wide array of shades for all complexions, lifestyles and ages." There is literally a Monave product that is perfect for everyone so check out the website today!
Monave has so graciously offered a DIY Natural Lip Kit for one of you, my lovely readers, to win! To enter to win use the Rafflecopter form below.